Point Judith Lighthouse
1470 Ocean Road
Narragansett, Rhode Island 02882
Map This Location
An octagonal brick building erected in 1816. A Coast Guard and tower beacon were maintained at the point during the Revolution. Original wooden lighthouse, built in 1806, was blown down in the Great Gale of September 1815. The last German U-Boat sunk in World War II was two miles off the light. Visitors welcome to the grounds; lighthouse and Coast Guard Station restricted.
Services / Features / Restrictions: Free Admission, Attraction, Of Interest to Children, Lighthouse, National Historic Site, National Register, South County
Handicap Service: Contact property for current services