Sugar and Salt Salmon.
Prep. Time: 1 hour
Serves: 6-8 as first course
1. In a small to medium skillet, toast the mustard seed and coriander (aromatics) until fragrances begin to develop.
2. Add the sugar and salt to a bowl, and mix together.
3. Add the toasted aromatics as well as the dill to the bowl containing the salt and sugar mixture.
4. Add the lemon zest.
5. Using your hands, mash the spices, salt, and sugar together. This blends all the flavors together.
6. Coat the entire salmon fillet, cover, or vacuum seal for 36 hours.
7. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jake Rojas, 2013.