Parish founded 1698. Washington worshipped here in pew eighty-one. One of the finest structures in America. Features only three-tiered, center aisle wine glass pulpit in America. Organ tested by Handel before sent from England by philosopher Bishop George Berkeley. Queen Elizabeth II and the Archbishop of Canterbury visited in 1976. Tiffany stained glass windows. $3 million rehabilitation completed in 1987 to original specifications. The church has been in use since 1726.
Services / Features / Restrictions: Attraction, Cultural, National Historic Landmark, National Register, Newport County
Handicap Service: Complete Wheel Chair Access