Donated by Alvin Jenks in 1890, the park was built around Dexter's Ledge. In 1676 during King Philips' War, Indian scouts saw the approach of a colonist band from the height. Indians and colonists engaged in Pierce's Fight at a site along the Blackstone River where Pierce Park now stands. In 1904 Cogswell Tower was built atop the ledge due to a bequest by Caroline Cogswell.
Services / Features / Restrictions: Smoke Free, Free Admission, Attraction, Cultural, National Historic Landmark, National Register, Park, Sculpture Statuary, Alcohol Prohibited, Smoke Free, Blackstone Valley and Northern Rhode Island, Wildlife Viewing
Handicap Service: Special Arrangements Upon Request