Nicknamed the Round Top, plans were inspired from Dublin by its Irish-born pastor, Rev. James "Paddy" Wilson (1791-1839), making it one of the earliest classical buildings in America. Oldest building on the west side of downtown Providence. The beginnings of some Providence public schools were in the school taught by Paddy Wilson. The meeting house is topped by a wooden copy of Lysicrates' monument to music. The original is in Athens, Greece.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.