A Greek Revival building designed by McLean and Wright of Boston. The library was first organized in 1874 and was known as the Pacific Library Association. The Adams Memorial Library opened its doors on May 2, 1910. The Library exhibits paintings by Lorenzo deNevers, a Central Falls resident who painted two presidents while they were in office, in addition to an autographed painting of Ted Williams. The Children's Room was once used as a meeting place of the Sullivan Ballou Post No. 3, Grand Army of the Republic, made famous in Ken Burns PBS special on the Civil War.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com and discovernewport.org