28 Fair Street is listed on the National Historic Register. Fair Street, is located off Thames Street, in Downtown Newport. It is one of the original streets in Newport, dating back to the early 1700’s. The property was originally owned by Edward Wanton (1631-1716), one of Newport’s earliest settlers. 28 Fair Street enjoys the view to the east, of St Mary’s Church, where President Kennedy married Jackie in 1953, to the west a view of Thames Street and Newport Harbor, and to the North, the steeple of Trinity Church.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.