The Jamestown Historical Society's museum building was originally built in 1885 as a one-room primary school. From 1898 to 1971, the building was the town's library. In 1971 when the current library was built, the Jamestown Historical Society leased the old library for use as a museum.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.