Built in 1843, the neo-classical style armory is home to the Kentish Guards, who defended East Greenwich from being burned by the British during the Revolutionary War, and its Fife and Drum Corps. Gen. Nathanael Greene, George Washington's second in command, was a member of the company, which was chartered in 1774. National Register of Historic Places. Open by appointment. Free admission.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.