Slatersville Green was laid out in 1838 and adds a traditional New England quality to the village. Many of the houses around the Green were built by the Slater company in 1810-20. They were substantially renovated earlier in the twentieth century to make Slatersville look more like a traditional New England Village. At the head of the Green stands the Slatersville Congregational Church, a lovely Greek revival building topped with a three stage belfry. John Slater's house stands just beyond the Green on School Street.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.