A two-and-one-half story brick Colonial gable house (1752), built by the Rev. Samuel Maxwell and the home of James & Level Maxwell, prominent ship owner and merchant. The house features a massive central chimney with two beehive back ovens. Simple ground featuring and eighteenth-century herb garden.
The Association charges itself with the collection and preservation of historical data and relics pertaining to the town of Warren and its history; to care for and preserve the Maxwell House, to preserve and mark buildings, landmarks, and other objects of historic or architectural interest; to conduct events and activities, to educate, and to stimulate an interest in local history.
Hours Of Operation:
Saturday 10:AM - 2:PM and by appointment.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com and discovernewport.org