Parish founded 1698. Washington worshiped here in pew eighty-one. One of the finest structures in America. Features only three-tiered, center aisle wine glass pulpit in America. Organ tested by Handel before sent from England by philosopher Bishop George Berkeley. Queen Elizabeth II and the Archbishop of Canterbury visited in 1976. Tiffany stained glass windows. $3 million rehabilitation completed in 1987 to original specifications. The church has been in use since 1726.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.
Queen Anne Square, 141 Spring St., Newport, RI 02840