Our Airport Means Easy Access - With the state's renovated and expanded T.F. Green Airport, rest assured that traveling to and from Rhode Island has never been easier. Green (PVD) offers all the amenities of a large flight hub – a two-level terminal, many gates and more parking – with the hassle-free ease of a suburban area airport. You'll find less traffic, lower fares and greater ease in both leaving and arriving; passenger convenience is the hallmark of Green Airport!
No more than an hour drive from the Boston area and eastern Connecticut, the airport offers more than 180 flights for nonstop options or convenient locations to and from virtually any destination, and provides service with more flights out of this airport than ever before. Rhode Island is accessible from many international gates, with Logan Airport one hour away in Boston serving as the area's main international gateway.
Other major international airports, such as JFK (Kennedy) Airport in New York and Newark Airport in New Jersey, are only three hours away by ground travel, and a short hop via an air connection to/from Green. And we've now got Amtrak's new Acela service to get you to Boston or New York in less time than ever before.
- Azores Airlines | 508-677-0555
- American Airlines | 800-433-7300
- Condor Airlines | 866-890-7915
- Delta Airlines/Delta Connection | 800-221-1212
- JetBlue | 800-538-2583
- New England Airlines | 800-243-2460
- Southwest | 800-435-9792
- TACV Cabo Verde Airlines | 866-359-8228
- United Airlines/United Airlines Express | 800-241-6522
Other airports and airlines serving Rhode Island include:
Block Island Airport | 401-466-5511
- Cape Air; 800-227-3247
- New England Airlines; 401-466-5881, 800-243-2460
Newport State Airport | 401-846-9400
North Central State Airport, Smithfield | 401-333-8503
Quonset Airport, North Kingstown | 401-295-5020
Westerly Airport | 401-596-2357
- New England Airlines | 800-243-2460 | Flights to Block Island and charter flights available.
- Peter Pan Lines in Providence offers daily schedules to and from several major cities and locations throughout nearby New England, which lends itself to easy travel for visitors. Buses leave Green Airport and Providence every hour on the half hour for a 45-minute one-stop drive to Boston and they leave Boston every hour on the hour for Providence. A similar schedule is available to and from Logan International Airport. Buses also make stops at Providence Kennedy Plaza. The Peter Pan terminal is located at One Peter Pan Way, just off Exit 25 of Interstate 95. Telephone: 401-311-7500.
- Providence Greyhound Station, 1 Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI 02903. Telephone: 401-453-4517.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA), 705 Elmwood Avenue, Providence. Try RIPTA's Providence LINK, a circulator system of vintage-style trolleys, traveling to Providence's major attractions. In season for Newport visitors, RIPTA increases its bus service and adds trolleys traveling to beaches, mansions and other popular destinations. Parties arriving at Green Airport use RIPTA Route No. 12 or Route No. 66 for service to Providence. 401-781-9400, 800-244-0444 or www.ripta.com
- Block Island: The Block Island Ferry, also known as Interstate Navigation Co. 304 Great Island Rd, PO Box 3333 Narragansett, RI 02882. 1-866-783-7340. Year-round passenger and vehicle service from Galilee State Pier in Narragansett, Rhode Island, and seasonal passenger-only service from Fort Adams State Park in Newport, Rhode Island. Ferries dock in the center of town Old Harbor, Block Island. Vehicle reservations necessary. Travel time, Galilee-55 min; Newport-2 hrs.
- Block Island: Island Hi-Speed Ferry, LLC; State Pier No. 3, Narragansett, Rhode Island. Departs from Galilee. Operating May-October. State-of-the-art 149-passenger high-speed catamaran providing first-class amenities. Travel time: 35 minutes. Reservations required. 877-733-9425.
- View schedule for both at www.blockislandferry.com/schedule/.
- Bristol to Prudence and Hog Islands: From Bristol, Church Street Wharf. Daily. 401-253-9808.
- Jamestown to Bowen's Wharf and Rose Island: Jamestown and Newport Ferry provides seasonal passenger service between Jamestown Village, Rose Island, Fort Adams, Perrotti Park and Bowen's Landing. Parking is included with ticket from Jamestown Village departure. Fort Adams departures are at the water taxi dock directly adjacent to the Newport Visitor's Center. The 8:30 a.m. departure from Conanicut Marina and the 8:50 a.m. departure from Perrotti Park connect with the Block Island Ferry departing from Fort Adams at 9:15 a.m. The 7:25 p.m. departure from Fort Adams connects with the return trip of the Block Island Ferry. Operates daily by Conanicut Marina, One Ferry Wharf, Jamestown, www.conanicutmarina.com, 401-423-9900.
- Montauk Long Island, New York, to Block Island: Viking Quest and Viking Starship. Viking Lines, RD 1, Box 259, Montauk, New York 11954. April-October, daily. From Viking Landing, Montauk, New York, 9 a.m. from Block Island Boat Basin, New Harbor, 4:30 p.m. (516) 668-5709, 800-MONTAUK.
- Rhode Island to Martha's Vineyard Fast Ferry: New high-speed ferry service departing from Quonset Point, Rhode Island, and arriving in Oak Bluffs, Martha’s Vineyard. Quonset Point is 10 minutes from I-95, 15 minutes to T.F. Green Airport and 25 minutes to Amtrak. Their ship, ”Millennium”, is a 400-passenger high-speed catamaran with spacious plush seating, climate-controlled interior and a full bar with snack services. Operates May-October. Travel time: 90 minutes. Reservations are suggested. 401-295-4040.
- Providence-Newport Ferry: Enjoy spectacular views as you travel worry free between Providence and Newport. The ferry service, connecting India Point and Perotti Park in Newport, runs 7 days a week through Labor Day. Parking at the ferry terminal in Providence is complimentary and on site and there is complimentary shuttle bus service between the Providence train station, convention center, downtown, and the Providence to Newport ferry terminal. Online tickets available, along with schedule and rates, at https://seastreak.com/ferry-routes-and-schedules/between-providence-newport-ri/
Visitors driving from Boston or New York can drive to Rhode Island via Interstate 95, a major highway that runs from Maine to Florida along the East Coast.
Interstate Routes 95 and 195 offer access to most of Rhode Island's major cities from Westerly to Providence to Pawtucket to East Providence. Interstate 295 loops around Providence and provides bypass access to points west and north of the capital city, including many scenic areas in the Blackstone Valley.
Route 146 is the gateway to northern Rhode Island's historic Blackstone Valley region, while Routes 136 and 114 provide an easy drive through Bristol County to Newport. Routes 1 and Scenic 1A run along the south shore of the state through the picturesque coastal towns of Narragansett, Charlestown and Wickford and Route 138 runs east and west from North Kingstown through Jamestown and Newport and continues through Middletown, Portsmouth and into Tiverton. US Route 6 links Providence and points west to the Connecticut state line.
Want to see more about driving around the Ocean State? Get acquainted with the lay of the land as well as official information and live traffic cams on www.dot.ri.gov.
- Amtrak Information, 800-USA-RAIL
- Providence Station, 401-727-7379
- Kingston Station, 401-783-2913
- Westerly Station, 401-596-2355
Amtrak also offers ACELA Express Northeast service – service from Boston-Providence-New Haven-New York-Philadelphia-Baltimore and Washington D.C. ACELA travels up to 150 mph with travel time from New York to Providence in 2-1/2 hours and Providence to Boston in less than 30 minutes.
Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Information (MBTA) offers commuter rail service from Providence that connects to Boston's South Station and the MBTA subway system. Providence Station, 100 Gaspee Street, Providence, 800-392-6100.
For many people, driving is the best way to experience the beauty and culture of Rhode Island. Most major car rental companies have offices at Rhode Island's TF Green Airport. Several agencies also maintain locations in Providence and Newport. Reservations are recommended, especially during the summer season, on weekends and holidays.
Our transportation options are many and accessible, making the Ocean State yours for a short getaway or extended vacation. To find out more about this diverse destination, contact Commerce RI Tourism at 888-U-UNWIND (888-886-9463).