Bellevue House was the first summer hotel that opened in Newport. The previous tall ship owners and traders sold their family mansion, and it was converted to guest accommodations in 1828. Bellevue House has hosted thousands of Newport visitors over its 187 years of service. While our roof beams are held together with wooden pegs, and most of our doors still have their colonial style latches, we have updated the important facilities, and all bedrooms are fully air conditioned.
Built in the 1700’s, this historic property is located on Catherine Street, just behind the Inn on Bellevue, and one block off of Bellevue Avenue.
This inn offers clean, comfortable rooms and a quiet location, just a short stroll to the town center. Bellevue House offers pet friendly rooms, and all rooms have private, recently renovated bathrooms, cable television, air conditioning, and wifi.
Our quiet patio is tucked away just off of Catherine Street and is a delightful spot to relax with friends and family before heading into town for dinner.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com and discovernewport.org