The BH&PS is located in an 1828 jail built of granite blocks used as ballast in early Bristol sailing ships. It houses a museum with collections from early Bristol, a research library and a major collection of early Bristol portraits including four by itinerant artist Cephus Thompson. There is a Children's room containing early dolls, toys and clothes along with doll houses.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.
Fall - Spring 2023-2024 RHODE ISLAND DIGITAL VISITOR GUIDE