The museum was first established as the "antiquarian room" at the January 8, 1889 dedication of the building. It was set aside to house a collection of historic artifacts, antiques and curiosities. The collection can be divided into domestic artifacts, military, maritime and Warren items. Documents also included: two journals of Luther Cole, a section of a whaling lof of the ship Chariot, a George Washington signature and the papers of L.E. Simmon, a naval office and Warren resident who was also the son-in-law of James Maxwell.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.