The Society's office is located in the lower level of the old Town House, built by members of the Second Baptist Church and deeded to the Town in 1822. Town meetings were first held here in 1801 and have been held continuously over the years since that date. Tours and Visits are available by appointment.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.