The Little Compton Historical Society was incorporated in 1937 to preserve the history and cultural heritage of Little Compton for the enrichment and enjoyment of the general public. The Society fulfills this mission by:
Maintaining and restoring selected local sites of historical significance including the Wilbor House property dating from 1690 and the early 19th century Friends Meeting House;
Collecting, conserving and interpreting historical documents and objects linked to the houses, farms, and families of Little Compton;
Conducting education and outreach programs and issuing publications to share information and stimulate interest in the area’s history.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.