An octagonal brick building erected in 1816. A Coast Guard and tower beacon were maintained at the point during the Revolution. Original wooden lighthouse, built in 1806, was blown down in the Great Gale of September 1815. The last German U-Boat sunk in World War II was two miles off the light. Visitors welcome to the grounds; lighthouse and Coast Guard Station restricted.
All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, however it is subject to change. Information is updated in an ongoing manner in partnership with local tourism offices, individual businesses and organizations and via a direct feed from goprovidence.com, discovernewport.org, southcountyri.com and Yelp.com.